Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Game will not load

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    Sorry guys.
    Frustrating.
    Got home after a lovely day with the grandchildren.
    Going to play my favourite game in the world...
    But sadly been hitting try again for over two hours with no success.
    When I connect will update Sunday Night Event and today's goal.
    So sad

Monday noon
    Have three more hours trying ... no luck

Monday 6 pm
    Sorry guys for no updates
    I still have no connection after a few more hours of hitting try again.

Monday 10:45 pm
    Four hours try again... no connection

Tuesday 12:45 pm
    Several hours trying ... no connection

Tuesday 7:00 pm
    Still no connection

Wednesday 10:00 pm
    Still no connection

Guess it is over.
    Will keep hitting try again but hope is fading
    Last edited by judyandthecat; 05-22-24 at 07:10 PM.
    Volunteer Moderator. Here to answer questions!
    I am a Farmer and a Player just like you!
    Need Technical Help With Your Game?
    Contact Storm8!

Storm8 Support Form: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Fashion Designer
    Judy do you have trouble connecting at other locations using 5G or LTE on your phone, besides just at your house? That's one way to figure out if it's a WiFi issue or not. I was having some issues at home only and we got a better WiFi called Eero and I'm not getting dropped calls anymore and I connect much better to the game. If it's not connecting at all at any location it could be a device issue possibly. These games use a lot of data so it's got to be either a WiFi connection issue or a device issue or if not and it's a server-side issue then no one could get into the game. Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue305 View Post
    Judy do you have trouble connecting at other locations using 5G or LTE on your phone, besides just at your house? That's one way to figure out if it's a WiFi issue or not. I was having some issues at home only and we got a better WiFi called Eero and I'm not getting dropped calls anymore and I connect much better to the game. If it's not connecting at all at any location it could be a device issue possibly. These games use a lot of data so it's got to be either a WiFi connection issue or a device issue or if not and it's a server-side issue then no one could get into the game. Just my thoughts.
    I live in Canada so would never use my phone as cellular data very expensive here.
    I am at the cottage on fibre optic .. super fast.

I can connect with a baby farm I have immediately but I don't play the farm... nothing on it.

I can connect with Dragon Story..

Now I am Day 6 with no connection and I spend several hours a day hitting try again.

Thank You for the ideas and thinking of me.

Farmers on Farm Story 2 are the best.
    Contact Storm8!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by judyandthecat View Post
    I live in Canada so would never use my phone as cellular data very expensive here.
    I am at the cottage on fibre optic .. super fast.

I can connect with a baby farm I have immediately but I don't play the farm... nothing on it.

I can connect with Dragon Story..

Now I am Day 6 with no connection and I spend several hours a day hitting try again.

Thank You for the ideas and thinking of me.

Farmers on Farm Story 2 are the best.
    Thank you for all that you do for us. I feel bad that you can't log in. It just doesn't make sense. I play Castle Story too and I don't have problems with that game except for the occasional rollbacks.

I sometimes get the loading chicken but I eventually can log in. Are you able to get any feedback from the S8 Team on this persistent issue? It seems there are a few others in our forum that experience the same problems.

Thank you for all that you do for us. I feel bad that you can't log in. It just doesn't make sense. I play Castle Story too and I don't have problems with that game except for the occasional rollbacks.

I sometimes get the loading chicken but I eventually can log in. Are you able to get any feedback from the S8 Team on this persistent issue? It seems there are a few others in our forum that experience the same problems.

I have the exact same problem as Judy...I'm Canadian too. I constantly have to hit try again, no problem on my baby farm which I don't really use. I can play restaurant story no problem.
    I can maybe get in a few times a month only on Fs.
    I am truly disappointed in this game. It's not supporting all players and that's shameful.
    I used to love this game.

Hmmm I am Canadian too. I find when I haven’t been able to load the game for days… that if I reboot my phone a few times in a row when servers aren’t as busy (middle of the night) then start the “try again” series it will finally load (touch wood). I was off for days and that worked for me at 3:00 this morning. I agree…..very very disheartening. I am sorry for all of us having loading problems. I seriously would pay to play if I could load on first second or even tenth try.

Fashion Designer
    That's interesting that maybe there is a connection with Canadian players, with two of you able to access other games and FS on baby farms. Then if these comparisons hold true, it must be a server-side issue with larger amounts of data being needed. S8 must be aware of this I would think, especially since Judy is experiencing it as well. Or maybe it's a latency issue. Not sure. This whole thing doesn't make sense because without players playing consistently and making in-app purchases, the games are not profitable. Possibly there's less updates and/or support on FS than other games. No official word from S8 so this is all just speculation. I have noticed that for awhile now we've been receiving mainly repeat prizes on events and even repeat events as well. That could mean less support for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by princessskykennedy View Post
    Hmmm I am Canadian too. I find when I haven’t been able to load the game for days… that if I reboot my phone a few times in a row when servers aren’t as busy (middle of the night) then start the “try again” series it will finally load (touch wood). I was off for days and that worked for me at 3:00 this morning. I agree…..very very disheartening. I am sorry for all of us having loading problems. I seriously would pay to play if I could load on first second or even tenth try.
    I will try that when I wake up tonight... usually around 4 am.
    Contact Storm8!

That's interesting that maybe there is a connection with Canadian players, with two of you able to access other games and FS on baby farms. Then if these comparisons hold true, it must be a server-side issue with larger amounts of data being needed. S8 must be aware of this I would think, especially since Judy is experiencing it as well. Or maybe it's a latency issue. Not sure. This whole thing doesn't make sense because without players playing consistently and making in-app purchases, the games are not profitable. Possibly there's less updates and/or support on FS than other games. No official word from S8 so this is all just speculation. I have noticed that for awhile now we've been receiving mainly repeat prizes on events and even repeat events as well. That could mean less support for the game.
    They are aware of the problem.

It is only affecting some high level players that have played for years.

Seems to be more from what I have seen from countries other then USA

We have played over ten years so have massive amount of data that has to load but then there are lots of players high level I know that can connect.... that reside in USA

I will keep trying.
    Contact Storm8!

Rhino Keeper
    I’m in the USA, northwest (close to Canada) I haven’t been able to get in the game. I used to get in the game easier before I got those gem ponies. Ever since I got those I am lucky to get in the game once a week. Something is fishy. How can developers not know what’s wrong with their game….they know.