Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Can't expand because can't get parts.....help

New Resident
    Bubble Wrap and Saws are the tough ones for me. for expanding, I have: Tripods and shovels, have 12 each, saws, have 2 Need 4 of each to expand, oh, I did get one saw today, wow. For increasing storage I have: packing tape 17, wood crate 7 (I got rid of 20 recently because of lack of storage space, wish you could get rid of a few, and not the whole darn thing) and only 4 bubble wrap need 7 of each. Been lucky tho, got 2 bubble wrap last night, but nothing today, S8 needs to fine tune the drop rates.

Update: Sept 6: shortly after posting this is finally had a good run and got what I needed. Was able to level up a few times too. Now I'm stuck with trying to get light bulbs. No drops and I've mastered about 15 shops and still nothing. Also trying to get parts for phase 2 of the bridge. Of course the saw is the one I need. Light house is my last POI. Really need those bulbs and saws.

Update 2: Sept 6 : just an FYI.. I'm lvl 21 with 100 store slots. Haven't had an inventory issue for awhile. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 10-12-16 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Removed swearing

Host(ess)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4712.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	32949
    Inventory is all most full again.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by baimifan View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4712.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	32949
    Inventory is all most full again.
    Oh, that is painful! [] If we can't sell them [], why can't we at LEAST delete a few at a time? My luck is such that if I delete all of one I know they'll stop dropping as I overfill the others.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 08-19-16 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Removed discussing 3rd party games comments - sorry not allowed

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    Oh, that is painful! [] If we can't sell them [], why can't we at LEAST delete a few at a time? My luck is such that if I delete all of one I know they'll stop dropping as I overfill the others.
    This is exactly what happened to me. Was only getting masking tape drops for weeks. Finally gave up, deleted them all since there's no option to select a few. And what do you know, now I can't get masking tape to drop

Executive Chef
    It took me forever to just get my final saw to expand it took forever. It seems like they know I need saw but give me everything except the saw. It's frustrating and you want to save your gems for something else.

Fashion Designer
    Just came to vent about how I really need a wooden crate to expand my inventory... Hahah, I have 21 packing tapes and 22 bubble wraps but I refuse to abandon them because I just need one more wooden crate. Sigh.

I do think the drops need to be more random. I need 4 saws, for tripods and 4 spades to expand where I want to, and have 14 saws, 6 shovels and 3 tripods. I am running into the same issue with expanding my inventory, where I have 3 boxes and double digits for tape and bubble wrap. I don't want to keep selling items I need to fill orders, and I don't want to get rid of all 14 saws and hope the drop rate stays the same. I did that with bricks and now I can't seem to get any. Can we at least make it possible to sell off extra saws/bubble wrap etc? If not, please give us the ability to decide how much of a given item to discard.

Executive Chef
    I just saw two expansions across the city bridge besides the free one you get.

New Resident
    My entire inventory is full of expansion parts that I can't sell or can only delete all of a single type at once. For example, I have 24 tapes, 18 wooden crates but only
    7 bubble wraps and of course I need 8 to expand my storage. It's the same to expand to a new square. Have 20-24 of everything but shovels, which, of course, I only have 3 of the 4 I need. I can't even deliver orders because I literally have 116/115 storage space right now. I can only greet citizens and they just keep giving me packing tape. Ahhhhh! Why can't the game just recognize I need something?! Because there is no way I would every pay real money for gems. If I can't get at least one of the two items I need today, I might just delete the game out of spite. (Level 24) I wish I could trade my excess wood crates to someone for some bubble wrap!

Farm Supplier
    OK - The Halloween event lasts 3 weeks. I am going to take a risk that the bridge won't become available during this event.
    Once the bridge does become available, if it similar to last time, you don't need expansion parts straight away.

Therefore I have decided to purge all my expansion parts on the basis, that within a month, I will probably have restocked sufficent to do the bridge (I will fill orders quicker with the spare capacity).

Even if the bridge becomes available straight after the halloween event, it might be wise (for me) to then only expand to Chesterfield Castle given how long it may take to get parts to open it - which will allow time to restock further for future expansion.

Deep breath - here we go.....

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast