Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Skeletal Steed - 2015 Oct 20 (Skull Trio Part II)

Farm Supplier
    First attempt - fairy ferret. Hopefully I won't end up with a bunch of them....

Fashion Designer
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	154.5 KB 
ID:	25232

The egg is quite pretty and I agree with ogreve that the steed itself is also one of the prettiest FFS animals. I already made my glider epic but I think I might have to make this one too

Executive Chef
    Well guys and gals,
    In light of this being such a beautiful animal, and in light of having gotten the first animal so quickly I really wanted to breed out this one too; I figure that IF I ever have a really good opportunity at having aims for a Unicorn or fire-gem or nature-gem hybrid, it would be now.
    Well, I didn't get it on my first try, which was a Fairy Ferret. It just finished hatching and I wanted to have maybe a few more shots at it before bedtime kicks in. So, I sped the remaining 10 hours of Sugarskull Glider hatching time away, and put in a second attempt with my Quartz Quetzalcoatl and the Pyro Pony and got...:

Name:  IMG_8088.PNG
Views: 238
Size:  1.23 MB

Name:  IMG_8090.PNG
Views: 248
Size:  921.7 KB

...I think I'm about to faint! I truly cannot believe the luck I've been having over the past few days!!
    Truly amazing! In only 4 days time my opinion on THE two FFS features that I had come to very strongly dislike has turned 180 degrees: first the Spin to Win feature finally became generous with animals and now the trio breeding is going really well. You're reading it right, but in order to actually grasp the impact of it, I'll write it again (even if only otherwise I myself wouldn't even believe it): the TRIO breeding is going really well.

Wowie! The first two animals were gotten early. Now I'll have to raise this new horsey quickly to a level above 4 and then the 4-element fun can start, before the Dragon is released!!!

I just HAD to sped this one to the nest directly. I then put in the same breeding formula that has given no less than TWO players a Unicorn today, being the Sugarskull Glider + Bansheep, but alas, lightning did not strike twice: 17 hours timer...

Still, I'm having a very good time these days in the game and a gem sale is on now. In light of having bought several spins on the wheel today and having sped some steps today, I'm down to 106 gems. I think I'll be nice back to TL and reward them by buying some gems. I sure can use them well to speed some matters in order to do 4-element breeding attempts, preferably before we'll have to go for the most difficult trio animal: the new dragon that will be released this Friday.

Executive Chef
    Congrats Ogreve! Another beautiful egg, I think I will pop over and take a peak at it. I finally got the sugarglider so I'm now attempting to breed a new horse, as soon as I do get it it's going to epic, has to be ready to join the other ponies in my forest for battle!

Good luck all hope we get this new animal quickly!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    Well guys and gals,
    In light of this being such a beautiful animal, and in light of having gotten the first animal so quickly I really wanted to breed out this one too; I figure that IF I ever have a really good opportunity at having aims for a Unicorn or fire-gem or nature-gem hybrid, it would be now.
    Well, I didn't get it on my first try, which was a Fairy Ferret. It just finished hatching and I wanted to have maybe a few more shots at it before bedtime kicks in. So, I sped the remaining 10 hours of Sugarskull Glider hatching time away, and put in a second attempt with my Quartz Quetzalcoatl and the Pyro Pony and got...:

...I think I'm about to faint! I truly cannot believe the luck I've been having over the past few days!!
    Truly amazing! In only 4 days time my opinion on THE two FFS features that I had come to very strongly dislike has turned 180 degrees: first the Spin to Win feature finally became generous with animals and now the trio breeding is going really well. You're reading it right, but in order to actually grasp the impact of it, I'll write it again (even if only otherwise I myself wouldn't even believe it): the TRIO breeding is going really well.

Wowie! The first two animals were gotten early. Now I'll have to raise this new horsey quickly to a level above 4 and then the 4-element fun can start, before the Dragon is released!!!

I just HAD to sped this one to the nest directly. I then put in the same breeding formula that has given no less than TWO players a Unicorn today, being the Sugarskull Glider + Bansheep, but alas, lightning did not strike twice: 17 hours timer...

Still, I'm having a very good time these days in the game and a gem sale is on now. In light of having bought several spins on the wheel today and having sped some steps today, I'm down to 106 gems. I think I'll be nice back to TL and reward them by buying some gems. I sure can use them well to speed some matters in order to do 4-element breeding attempts, preferably before we'll have to go for the most difficult trio animal: the new dragon that will be released this Friday.
    Congratulations, and you have a couple of days to use the two in some interesting combinations before it's time for the third.

Fashion Designer
    Congrats Ogreve and everyone else who's got it so far, including myself!! Panda and Pyro on third try (first 2 fails were Fairy Ferret's).

Views:	34 
Size:	119.8 KB 
ID:	25237

FYI in case it hasn't been mentioned yet, there's no gem reward for the Steed either, just XP.

Views:	38 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	25239

Executive Chef
    Alright... please pardon my enthusiasm, but I'm currently in "full FFS overdrive" now.... I calculated out how it would play out if I would let the egg hatch, and then still would have to go through one evolution before I could do a first breeding with the new steed. And, ehhhh, oh yeah, there's also the fact that it's 00:40 now in my timezone but I'm on such an "FFS-high" right now that I *think* I would get precious little sleep if I weren't to work a bit more on my agendas, so..... I calculated out some matters and it all came together beautifully: I sped the Steed right into the habitat and had some quick fun with it and fed it to the point where it could evolve. I then sped-cleared the last 6 hours of Frightingale evolution time away and sent the Steed into the flower. In 17 hours she will be done, so tomorrow I can have my first "free 4-element" attempt with it.
    Meanwhile... there was still 16:30 hours of breeding time in the den and the nest had been emptied. I wanted to hatch one of my four (!) Pumpkin Pandas into it as earlier today my little one and I for the very first time cut a Halloween pumpkin which came out beautifully (if I may say so myself), so that would seem most fitting, and... it has precisely a 16 hour incubation time! Nice! "I love it when a plan comes together!"

Next, the Frightingale was fed up to the point where it can undergo its second evolution, a thing I plan to do tomorrow when the Steed clears the flower. The Frightingale is cheap to raise, but unfortunately the Steed takes the feeding costs of an ultra rare.

Well! Let's not let that spoil the fun! Today was a good day in the forest. From the moment I sped the Sugarskull Glider from the nest until now, precisely 50 gems had been spent on all the actions of speeding the breeding, hatching and the flower. I went down from 135 to 85 gems and I really, really, really, really, really, but no... REALLY want to do some significant breeding attempts at a Unicorn with the Steed + the QQ, so I decided to be nice back to TL and to have some speeding means by making use of a 530 gem pack sale.... I'll try not to go crazy with them, as Black Friday is not all that far away and gems will be needed for that day, but at least it gives some "speeding ammo". :P

For now, I'll try to catch some sleep, and shall sign off with two pictures of the latest and greatest new addition to the forest; for a beauty it IS!

Name:  IMG_8094.PNG
Views: 228
Size:  1.14 MB

Name:  IMG_8098.PNG
Views: 215
Size:  943.2 KB

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetdeda View Post
    Congrats Ogreve! Another beautiful egg, I think I will pop over and take a peak at it. I finally got the sugarglider so I'm now attempting to breed a new horse, as soon as I do get it it's going to epic, has to be ready to join the other ponies in my forest for battle!

Good luck all hope we get this new animal quickly!
    Firstly congrats to everyone who has managed to get trio animals and/or other good outcomes, like the gem animals that several lucky ones got!

Then.... Oooopsie: I fear your visit will come too late: I already sped the egg away and into the flower she already went. For now the screenshots will have to do, I fear...

At this point in time, regardless of what my luck for breeding the dragon will be, I'm already playing with the idea of force breeding a few more of these steeds just before the event is over (possibly some duplicates will be gotten without having to force breed more of them). This is a particularly beautiful animal, so I can see myself buying a second habitat for it and filling that with three Steeds....:P

Executive Chef
    @Chippychan: I just had one shot in the battleground with the Sugarskull Glider: Skull is strong to the combination of dark-electric (not sure to which of the two precisely)...

Rhino Keeper
    What do you need to breed the QQ?

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast