Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: Winter Wolverine 1-13-2015 Tournament

I am so mad! I have been on ruby razorback for 25 rounds. I like that these events are getting a little harder so they last longer but this is ridiculous. I understand if it is too easy people complain then it is too hard people complain but this is too crazy hard. I didn't get the toucan yet or the retriever so I really didn't have a chance on this round and I promised myself I wouldn't spend any gems. Thank you very much for all the advice and suggestions and especially the charts. I wish more people would list what elements they used in their rounds. Those posters are total Angels and it really helps when one is stuck.

R21. Dream Bat < Vinotaur 15
    R22. Treasure Toucan < Reindeer 14
    R23. Terradactyl < Vinotaur 15 ( Lost Vinotaur 15 x2, Ancient Sloth 12, Pandaffodil 15 and Unicorn 14)
    R24. Aura Pegasus < Vinotaur 15
    R25. Emerald Dragon < Nightmare 12
    R26. Unicopia < Vinotaur 15 Fire x3 (Lost Unicorn 14)
    R27. Nightmare < Vinotaur 15 Fire x3
    R28. Ruby Razor< Conductor 13 Water x2
    R29. Hippogryph <
    R30. Winter Wolverin<
    Last edited by Lipand5kids; 01-18-15 at 11:50 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by green_eyes9999 View Post
    I am so mad! I have been on ruby razorback for 25 rounds. I like that these events are getting a little harder so they last longer but this is ridiculous. I understand if it is too easy people complain then it is too hard people complain but this is too crazy hard. I didn't get the toucan yet or the retriever so I really didn't have a chance on this round and I promised myself I wouldn't spend any gems. Thank you very much for all the advice and suggestions and especially the charts. I wish more people would list what elements they used in their rounds. Those posters are total Angels and it really helps when one is stuck.
    I know exactly how you feel, I had that with ampeater (never got him despite coming every hour on the dot) Next tournament i'll try to remember to include what attack I used with my combatants to aid some more
    ID : keller63
    Fantasy Forest: LVL 29

Thanks I know many will appreciate it.

Executive Chef
    Now that this tournament has concluded, I suggest that everyone who had difficulty in this tournament start to prepare for the next tournament. Try to ensure that you have a high level Super Rare or Ultra Rare that is the best match for each element combination. If you have poor choices against a particular element combination develop a plan to level up an appropriate creature, hatch an egg in storage or try to breed what you need. Focus on creatures that can cover a number of element combinations. For instance, a good Dark/Fire creature is a good choice against many element combinations. Try to get a few creatures that can cover a broad range of element combinations to level 15.

I did this after the first Nightmare Battle Arena tournament and it helped a lot for the other tournaments. A lot of the creatures you need to be successful in the tournaments you may have won in previous tournaments or battlegrounds. Preparation is important before the battle begins since it can take a long time to evolve the appropriate creatures.

To the newer players, I would add another piece of advise, save a few gems for the tournaments. Often the prize in the tournament is one that you will find useful in future tournaments. If the prize covers areas that you have weaknesses, using gems to Ultimate Hit a couple rounds that are giving you problems, may be worth the investment in the long run.

Congratulations to all who succeeded in winning this tournament and I hope this bit of advice will help those who didn't in the future.
    Last edited by ninasidstorm8; 01-19-15 at 11:15 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ninasidstorm8 View Post
    Now that this tournament has concluded, I suggest that everyone who had difficulty in this tournament start to prepare for the next tournament. Try to ensure that you have a high level Super Rare or Ultra Rare that is the best match for each element combination. If you have poor choices against a particular element combination develop a plan to level up an appropriate creature, hatch an egg in storage or try to breed what you need. Focus on creatures that can cover a number of element combinations. For instance, a good Dark/Fire creature is a good choice against many element combinations. Try to get a few creatures that can cover a broad range of element combinations to level 15.

I did this after the first Nightmare Battle Arena tournament and it helped a lot for the other tournaments. A lot of the creatures you need to be successful in the tournaments you may have won in previous tournaments or battlegrounds. Preparation is important before the battle begins since it can take a long time to evolve the appropriate creatures.

To the newer players, I would add another piece of advise, save a few gems for the tournaments. Often the prize in the tournament is one that you will find useful in future tournaments. If the prize covers areas that you have weaknesses, using gems to Ultimate Hit a couple rounds that are giving you problems, may be worth the investment in the long run.

Congratulations to all who succeeded in winning this tournament and I hope this bit of advise will help those who didn't in the future.
    Haha I've done nothing but prepare for tournaments since this game was released!! I have a full album with many level fifteen animals and still lost over 50 times during this tournament so say what you want and prepare all you want but it all comes down to just luck!! this battle system is a joke!!
    Main id: squinn1981

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cquinn32 View Post
    Haha I've done nothing but prepare for tournaments since this game was released!! I have a full album with many level fifteen animals and still lost over 50 times during this tournament so say what you want and prepare all you want but it all comes down to just luck!! this battle system is a joke!!
    I am sorry to hear that you had such a rough tournament. Luck plays a large role but I am suggesting ways to improve your odds, not guarantee success. If it were only luck, you may as well use a level 1 Pyro Pony in every battle.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ninasidstorm8 View Post

Congratulations to all who succeeded in winning this tournament and I hope this bit of advise will help those who didn't in the future.
    Definitely good advice... I would highly recommend these guys to be leveled up as fighters:

Sloth (or other earth-nature super rare Grassquatch, Unicornucopia, Pumpkin Panda, Treebra)
    Vinotaur (or other nature-fire super rare Present Pheasant, Krampus or other Christmas world event prizes)
    Magmacore (or other earth-fire super rare such as the Halloween world event prizes)
    Thorilla (or other electric-earth super rare Ampeater, Terradactyl)
    Phoenix (or other dark-fire super rare Onyx Ox, Nightmare, Thanksgibbon)
    Either electric-nature, electric-dark, OR electric-water super rare (Storm Sphynx, Hippogryph, Yeti, Menoram, Zapra)
    Glacial Griffin (or other earth-water super rare Blizard, Cold Turkey)
    Steamtrunk and/or Gold Lion

IMO Water-Nature, Dark-Earth, Dark-Water, Dark-Nature are all much less useful.

That being said, I also agree with cquinn... whether you win is MUCH more determined by luck unfortunately. The system sucks. You can easily have a great group of high level fighters and still lose due to getting stuck on some ridiculous round for 20 tries. But your odds do improve at least a little by having good fighters, so still worth leveling them up.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526