Good afternoon everyone,

Today I want to introduce breedable gemstone dragons!

A lot of you have figured it out already, but I'll break down the details here.

Gemstone Dragons (Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire, etc.), in addition to being craftable at the Spell Shop, can now be bred! We added a new type "Gemstone" to all gemstone dragons. The gemstone type is a composite type (like black and pink) that breaks down into green and blue. So it can produce green, blue, and gemstone hybrids with whichever color it is paired with.

Gemstone Type

A new base dragon for this type has been released, the aptly named Gemstone Dragon. Just like Night Dragon for black, this dragon is the easiest way to get access to the gemstone hybrids. Of course, if you already have a Ruby Dragon, it will be able to produce gemstone offspring as well, in addition to other hybrids.

Base Gemstone Dragon

We've also released a new gemstone type habitat called Gemstone Prairie to house the new base dragon. Since Ruby, Emerald, etc. have their original types in addition to gemstone, they can live here or in your Red Rocks and Green Groves.

Gemstone Prairie

Why'd we do it?
The #1 reason I suggested this to the team last month is simply that these dragons are awesome, and not enough people have access to them. That includes all Android players, who until now have had no way to enjoy these dragons without making a purchase, and many of the iOS players who didn't participate in trading and crafting. We still have craft-only dragons like Lotus and Samurai, but since the collection of gemstone dragons was becoming so large we thought these dragons would add more to the game as their own large, breedable type.

I hope you enjoy this new way to obtain some of our most beautiful dragons! I'll be checking back to answer any questions.

-Jake.

Here's a list of all the dragons who now fall under the gemstone type:
  • Gemstone Dragon
  • Ruby Dragon
  • Emerald Dragon
  • Topaz Dragon
  • Sapphire Dragon
  • Amethyst Dragon
  • Pearl Dragon
  • Quartz Dragon
  • Onyx Dragon
  • Tiger's Eye Dragon