Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Tropic Tides LeaderBoard Event June 2016

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    WANT!!!!!! I shall name him "Nemo" if I can scratch up enough points!!
    Lol, my idea too! Anyone else notice the tournament dragon is a Blue Tang? Dory, to match Nemo!

It seems like they've randomised the group selections. Previously you used to get lumped with a lot of people at your level (similar number of gold dragons, nests, level, etc) but I've noticed there's no real heavy weights in my group so far. Like some half half as many gold dragons as I do, or less. In the last leaderboard (which I didn't play seriously) a lot of the people in my group had won the previous one (had skylord or trophies) and so it was a pretty heated race.

I think they've realised that if they keep lumping their most dedicated players together, all the collectors will be forced into a situation where they can't get the next dragon to keep their collection complete. Once they miss a dragon, well, what's to keep them trying so hard for future dragons to maintain a complete collection? Meanwhile, baby accounts end up getting the top prizes without even trying hard.

I think this is a good move. It keeps their long time, dedicated players happy. The only issue might be how high they raised the bar for milestone prizes. Doubling the max is pretty steep. I don't think most players will get the Clownfish dragon. I don't think the ability to earn points from feeding makes up for this.

Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    I'm debating whether it's worth it to buy the Coral Sculpture....for 150 gold I could gather about 140 points a day (give or take, depending on my schedule) so approximately 1540 points gained overall. The only things I want are the milestone habitat and the Clownfish dragon. I have no delusion that I would be able to win the grand prize. Any thoughts?
    From memory of my calculations during Skylord, if you can regularly collect, this haul is better than switching on the extra breeding den (as long as you can keep your nests busy hatching). The target for the milestones are pretty high this time around so I'm only going for the milestones, but have bought a coral already. It's a nice decoration regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxe View Post
    I can't remember but do "not found through breeding" dragons give you points now? I remember the first event it didn't. I was able to get second place last time but my group wasn't very competitive. I have two nests this time but first place has 4 nests. I just really want to get the habitat and the Puffer dragon since I couldn't breed hom before he left.
    Quote Originally Posted by roguebee View Post
    You'll get nest and evolution time credit but no bonus for being rare, et al.
    Are you sure? Even "not breedable" dragons have a rarity for the sake of battling. I remember hatching eggs from storage to get my points up massively. Enough to win Skylord and to make the milestone numbers for the Mama event.

Nightclub Owner
    Not a fan of these leaderboard events, so won't be participating, but very interesting to see #1 place in my group already boosting, points are as below (roughly cause I didn't bother writing them down to the exact number):

1. 600
    2. 450
    3. 300
    4-7 all roughly 200
    8-19 all roughly 100

I'm at the 10th spot right now, but don't really care about this event at all
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Banned
    My group leader is 2300 already. I always get placed into groups with big spenders. I think they may group based on how dedicated (playing time) a player is and not how much they spend. Such a shame.

Pretty much resigned to not getting the last milestone. I cannot believe they did that. 8500 points. After all the negative response from players, they make the leaderboard event even worse...not better?

smh

Fashion Designer
    Dang. I wish I had been checking my game right when the LB started. I heard there was a wheel glitch! I always miss the cool glitches, but never the sucky ones. LOL

I actually didn't get to start playing straightaway. Was a few hours off. So, I think I'm in like 6th place... Leader has like 2,700 or so points already in my group. Probably spun the wheel like 50 times XD
    Lucky...

I just hope I can get the milestones! I love them all!

My leader has over 3000 points already

Yeah, I'm gonna sit this one out!!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennedward View Post
    Not a fan of these leaderboard events, so won't be participating, but very interesting to see #1 place in my group already boosting, points are as below (roughly cause I didn't bother writing them down to the exact number):

1. 600
    2. 450
    3. 300
    4-7 all roughly 200
    8-19 all roughly 100

I'm at the 10th spot right now, but don't really care about this event at all
    Just checked again to see how much #1 gained after using boost, but surprisingly no change since last time I posted

So he spent gold just to gain 600 points? That's a waste of gold

Not to mention spending gold in the first place for this is already a waste lol

I'll spend my gold on the new Kintsugi Dragon when I have an empty nest, not on this event
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    Are you sure? Even "not breedable" dragons have a rarity for the sake of battling. I remember hatching eggs from storage to get my points up massively. Enough to win Skylord and to make the milestone numbers for the Mama event.
    Yup. Says it on the info tab. No bonus for commons and unbreedables.

Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast