Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going to make you stop playing?

I am getting pretty much close to stopping as it is. I have been trying for 2 months to get a Gemstone dragon and all I get are the common ones. It used to be easier to get a rare or super rare. Was able to usually after a week for super rare, but this is beyond ridiculous. It has pretty much stopped me from trying for limited, because I figure if I can't get a dragon that is a part of a basic untimed quest then what hope do I have of any limited ones now?

They are throwing out far too many dragons and not allowing for it to be a casual game that it used to be when I started over a year ago. I am only able to get on once a day as I like to think I have a life and other interests, so they make the timed quests and events rather limited for players like me, especially when things take so long to build up, like food and maps.

The costs of dragons are too much especially when you are from Australia. They do realise that lowering the cost of gold will ensure more spending on them and make them more money in the long run?

Plus I have noticed that their newer games are not compatible with a lot of devices. I have two tablets, a Nexus 7 and a Samsung tab 3 lite - none can play the newer games so it makes me worried if they decide to do an update or a Dragon Story 2 and I can no longer play.

All I got when asking for help from them about that issue and about the lack of suucess for the dragon breeding issue was a generic apology and a we'll "look" into it and here is the link to the forums. I even asked about why it was so hard to get a dragon on the "Lucky" Wheel. I class it as a miracle if I even get a dragon on that! And suggested better rewards so people didn't feel jipped when all they got was some item that would make winning a few bucks at a real pokie machine feel more worthwhile. I mean seriously 30 golds for what a thousand food or 3 maps? That is a rip off.

I mean I really love this game but it feels like all they are doing now is making you feel rushed, bogged down and frustrated because there is a definite guarentee that you will always miss out on a lot of dragons due to time and money. I am so not going to mind if I get a month where all I need to do is build up food and level up my dragons.

Executive Chef
    Reasonably happy with most of it and play regularly but beginning to feel overwhelmed by the frequency of the tales but just choose how far I want to go to complete each one .... Being a long term player I have a good selection of dragons so can choose what I decide to complete ...... And it's addictive but thought provoking with a good forum so I play .... No great complaints just minor irritatations really
    Pern magic L200 dragons623+
    Champs, Valiant L15 Rainbow Sentinel L 15, Guilded knight, Spirit Warrior, Highlander L15, Inquisitor, Sharman, Guardian Angel L12 , Warrior King ,Warrior princess, Chariot, warrior Prince + others
    Diamond hybrids, Diamond, Valiant, Angel, Crusader, Helios , Quentzal , Gold, astromancer, Mercury , Infinity, Unicorn ,Prism, Dark Angel, Black diamond and others
    Gold producing 10 L10

Fashion Designer
    In total agreement with pernmagic, took the words out of my mouth. I have nothing to really complain about other than my own terrible typing. Love the game, the forum and the great friends I have made here. I will also be very happy when I am no longer a rhino keeper lol.

Diamonds: Helios, Angel (11), Crusader, Quetzel, Prime Eternal, Achilles, Prism, Gold, Mercury - all level 10. Glimmer (9), Astromancer (7), Blk Diamond (7), Crown Jewel (9), and Unicorn (13)
    Diamond, Infinity, and Valiant at level 15

4 Prime Dragons, Eternal (10), Chroma (10), Arcane (10), Power (8), Dark Prime Chrono (10)
    Champions: total of 22 all at 9 or Epic, Glasswing at 13, three at fifteen
    All 18 Arctics epic

No longer accepting DragonStory Neighbors, sorry

Fashion Designer
    I like DS except for my lack of luck breeding limited dragons, Hot Chocolate is the only new dragon I've bred since October. Not one Halloween, Christmas, New Year or the latest Deep Freeze. It is beyond frustrating and yet I continue to play because of Tales, Community Events and Tournaments "shrugs"... Plus I like the mining and arena dragons.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    I must have a special app. I NEVER get ads. All I get are the game notifications when I sign in. And then only after the update and the second time (usually reminders). What are these ads about/for?

The fact there are no ads is one of the things I love about it.
    ads to play s8 games since i won't play them because no golds reward , each time i open my baby account, i got their ads !
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Executive Chef
    Since it is a breeding game, I think what would stop me playing is not being able to breed anything new for too long.

Executive Chef
    One word: Coral.

Farm Supplier
    Gold trap, impossible breeding will discourage me from playing

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    One word: Coral.
    After these last 2 limited, if we pooled our corals together, we could make a great barrier reef in the upper lefthand corner!

Rhino Keeper
    I'm quitting after the event ends. I checked my storage--over 100 unique dragons that need a space, and what is the point of a breeding game if you can't display things? I'm not going to spend the months of time needed to expand, and being gridlocked for days at a time doesn't work anymore.

I put off quitting as long as possible, because I wanted to use up my gems. That just isn't possible anymore. Thanks for the fun few years of gameplay. Restaurant Story will be the only storm8 game left for me.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast