Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Legendary: Garnet Griffin 1/19/16

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    Congrats, Kooky!!

I hope I can get it before Friday's update...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    Congratulations Kooky, my is sits on the Nest
    Last edited by Drachenia; 01-27-16 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Misspelled

Executive Chef
    Many congrats Kooky!
    Mine is currently on the nest too. 12 more hours to go as I type this, so it shall be conveniently done before tomorrow's update. It even gives me a little bit of free breeding time which I think I'll use for gem-earth breeding, as that is likely to give short fails, and if a 45 hour timer pops up, so much the better and I'll just gem-accommodate the breeding/hatching of it if necessary...

Executive Chef
    Well over a hundred attempts so far... Come on Garnet and Ruby! I'd be equally happy with either one of you! Please come live in my forest! Pretty please!

Executive Chef
    It's ironic and a bit annoying that I got Crusader (a diamond-fire hybrid which is equal to FFS gem-fire hybrids) on DS tonight after just three minutes of trying (fails are 10 seconds) and I still haven't got Garnet or Ruby despite constant trying since Garnet was released... Really wish the fails were 10 seconds here as well! (I am over the moon about getting Crusader, though! Yay!)

Anyway, carrying on! (Crystal Unicorn and Pyro Pony must be getting exhausted, though!)

Executive Chef
    Big congrats on your DS luck!
    I think you just named exactly WHY in FFS these fails are no longer 10 seconds. Allegedly when these hybrids were first released the gem-fire and gem-nature breedings were indeed 10 seconds and quite a few players then got them a bit all too easily...
    I kinda understand TL's decision there, but it would be great if indeed they'd still take only 10 seconds.
    I really wished the speeding cost were only one gem. As soon as I have the Chilly Goat on the nest for the Aquarius goal line I want to get back to breeding for the Cyclops. It would be great if speeding were an option, but 5 gems for speeding the breeding and then 2 for speeding the hatching makes me prefer to wait it all out, at least the entire hour of breeding. I do often speed the second hour of hatching time away, at only a cost of one gem then.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandybellee View Post
    It's ironic and a bit annoying that I got Crusader (a diamond-fire hybrid which is equal to FFS gem-fire hybrids) on DS tonight after just three minutes of trying (fails are 10 seconds) and I still haven't got Garnet or Ruby despite constant trying since Garnet was released... Really wish the fails were 10 seconds here as well! (I am over the moon about getting Crusader, though! Yay!)

Anyway, carrying on! (Crystal Unicorn and Pyro Pony must be getting exhausted, though!)
    Congratulations on the Crusader, it took me about 10 hours of almost constant playing to get mine

I remember when the change was made for the Crystal Unicorn Pyro Pony/Pandaffodil breeding combinations. The reason given was to maintain balance in the game. Some players were complaining about the fact that players with a Unicorn had managed to move so much further ahead than others since the coin production is so much more for the Gem animals. Then there was a mistake made when the Ruby Razorback was first released. If you bred a Ruby Razorback with a Crystal Unicorn, the fail was always a Ruby Razorback. Ironically, I think a lot of the players that were able to take advantage of the situation have left the game. They probably ran in to expansion issues early on since their game progess was accelerated.

I think TL/S8 should have left things alone. They work fine in DS. Even though the fail times are short, you pretty much need a free day on average to breed an animal with a 10/20 second breed time. Much like planting Aurora Apples to get food. Unless you are lucky, it still takes quite a bit of effort to breed one. After all, breeding the Crystal Unicorn is hard enough, to mess the the breeding rules to make two sets of Gem hybrids harder to get doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I just bred my first Gem Hybrid on attempt 278 since last May when I first bred a Crystal Unicorn.
    Last edited by ninasidstorm8; 02-01-16 at 08:21 AM.

Executive Chef
    Thanks!
    Thanks for the background info as well. I can understand how it made a huge difference at the early stages of the game with coin production and therefore maybe being able to expand too easily. (I don't get why people always tend to complain about other players progress though since we are not competing against each other, but that's a whole another issue ).

Yes - it's definitely hard enough to breed a Unicorn and then a hybrid no matter how short the fails are. I feel very lucky to have the ones I have!

Good luck with gem breeding - may another hybrid follow your Cyclops soon!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandybellee View Post
    Thanks!
    Thanks for the background info as well. I can understand how it made a huge difference at the early stages of the game with coin production and therefore maybe being able to expand too easily. (I don't get why people always tend to complain about other players progress though since we are not competing against each other, but that's a whole another issue ).

Yes - it's definitely hard enough to breed a Unicorn and then a hybrid no matter how short the fails are. I feel very lucky to have the ones I have!

Good luck with gem breeding - may another hybrid follow your Cyclops soon!
    Sadly, envious people will always exist... There's always someone saying something like "hey, no fair, those people have got this and that and I don't..". I don't know what they expect will happen when they do that. Perhaps they THINK that TL (or any company/person for that matter) will then think "oh yeah, the fella/gal is right, we have done them a great wrong, let's make it all right by giving them a free Unicorn so they too can join in that fun". Instead, what they really cause is that they ruin it for all of us who follow, by having caused the breeding rules to have been made "fairer"... :/
    Anyway, I guess this is something I'll never understand in real life...

As for gem breeding: game on!
    I just moved my Chilly Goat egg to the nest and put in another gem-earth breeding and got... 1 hour.
    I'll happily keep cracking away at it!
    Good luck to us all!
    Last edited by ogreve; 02-01-16 at 04:27 AM.

The Honorable Panda
    Hey guys the thread is swaying off topic. Please keep you posts to the Garnet Griffin animal.
    There are other threads to discuss breeding.

Thanks
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast