Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Legendary: Garnet Griffin 1/19/16

I'm calling it quits for now after my next hour finishes. Countless fails. I'll try for the limited turtle before it's gone. Plus I need bombs the ratio for 1HR is few and far between.

Fashion Designer
    Congratulations to Olafo and Drachenia!!
    My attempts are still underway!!
    Well got a ruby razorback on my android account this morning , so still hopeful !!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by calvinxx View Post
    Congrats ogreve!! I agree that 70 attempts is actually fairly soon for a gem-hybrid. I'm still plugging away at it every hour but haven't been counting my attempts. I'm dreading a RR fail as I already have one and don't keep duplicates so I have my fingers crossed every time to see that 48h timer lol
    Also congrats on getting the Egypt animals to epic! I recently got the Music trio and Servive trio all to epic level and it felt pretty good. Later today I'll put the Deadwing in the flower and the Skull trio will be entirely epic too! I can't wait for the Zodiac type so I'll need to save some apples to bring whichever one is first to epic as well
    Thanks (also to the others who sent congrats, like 31aug2002)!
    Yes, it DOES feel good to have all of the Egypt animals at epic level now. The main reasons why I waited so long with the Sobek is that there is hardly a visual difference between the epic form and the normal form and the food costs are those of an ultra rare. As I type this my Winter Equifox is being evolved to epic level. It's really nice to have some time to focus on getting such animals to epic level. My food bank is back to 158K at this moment, so already that's enough to do back-to-back feedings/evolving of the Garnet Griffin. It still has 11 hours of den time to go, and at this moment I don't have plans for speeding anything (unless tonight's update gives me a VERY good reason to do so), so it will still take about a week or so before it's likely to be at epic level. In the meantime I'll work on building up my regular food reserve so I can have around 150K in reserve again, just on the odd chance that it will be needed for something like a different gem animal or a goal line or so.
    I'm curious as to this whole Zodiac thing. I wonder what it will involve. I'm guessing simply a specific breeding formula, but who knows...

On a 'goal note': It's so great to see that 48 hours timer finally pop up. Wow. The longest timer so far! But... in light of that it's really a pity that the 10-gem goal only lasts 1 week! It expires around the time that my breeding of it ends, and AFAIK for these gem goals moving the egg to the nest does NOT count as "hatching".
    To those who did breed it before: can you tell me if the gem goal was awarded when moving the egg to the nest, or only when the hatching of the egg was finished, and the animal was moved to a habitat?

@Drachenia: massive congrats on having bred the Garnet Griffin too!

Rhino Keeper
    So excited! Just got the 48 hr timer! My first gem hybrid.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhammy48 View Post
    So excited! Just got the 48 hr timer! My first gem hybrid.
    Yay! Congrats!!! It's super exciting to get the first one - enjoy!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandybellee View Post
    Yay! Congrats!!! It's super exciting to get the first one - enjoy!
    Yes it is! Thanks! It's good to see that players are having some luck with this one.

Executive Chef
    Congrats to you too!
    I sat out the entire 48 hours of breeding time and just moved the egg to the nest minutes ago. It's nice to see it on the nest!
    Oddly enough I got 9 bombs instead of 8. I still don't fully understand the bomb count, but I think that it works as follows: there's a guaranteed 1 bomb for every 6 hours of breeding time and then there's a proportional chance for 1 (more) bomb for every remaining fraction of 6 hours. The odd thing then is that you can STILL get one additional bomb even if the breeding time was an exact multiple of 6. Very odd. It seems that for those breedings that are an exact multiple of 6 hours a differently calculated chance exists at getting an additional bomb. In my entire FFS playing time I've had that happen some 5-7 times (IIRC), so it's a pretty darn rare occurrence, but it does happen at times.

Fashion Designer
    Hello Olaf,
    Is the Garnet Griffin now more difficult to breed as during the last 10 days??

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by natxjkkggg View Post
    Hello Olaf,
    Is the Garnet Griffin now more difficult to breed as during the last 10 days??
    I honestly don't know. There are some theories that super rares and ultra rares are easier to breed during world events and trios but I don't know if it's true or not. I myself am assuming that the odds are the same, but I can't be sure of course. My two Rubies came very easily during the previous Storybook, but that was also when I had just started breeding with the Crystal Unicorn, so it's really hard to say either way round.

The Honorable Panda
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast