Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Legendary: Garnet Griffin 1/19/16

Farm Supplier
    Over 200 hundred attempts so far, coupled with previous attempts I've bred a Crystal Unicorn over 500 times with no gem hybrid. Good Grief!

Executive Chef
    As we say over here in The Netherlands: "Who persists, wins"...

Name:  image.png
Views: 149
Size:  1.14 MB

It has taken me an estimated 70 or so attempts but I've got it now!
    I'm very happy with it and it still was quicker than I had expected.
    I think I'll use the free nest time for hatching several of the animals I have in storage. I'll take a look at what I want to hatch first.
    On another happy note, I had built up such a big food reserve that I finally fed my last Egypt animal to the level where it is now evolving to epic level (the Sobek). This is the first set of animals of which I've brought everything to epic level; I still think that one was the coolest world event so far.
    Now I'm back to making sure I'll have enough food to directly raise the Griffin to epic level too; plenty of time for that in light of the long breeding, hatching and evolution timers. In fact, I should still have well enough left after the storybook which is good because I also want to bring my winter Equifox to epic level now. It's already at level 10. I see no problems.
    It's kinda refreshing to take matters lightly and not feel stressed over going for all of the Yalbas.
    Now let's see what this new Zodiac element will bring.
    If we get some more free breeding time, I'll probably aim for the Obsidian Cyclops next...
    Last edited by ogreve; 01-24-16 at 02:17 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post

I think I'll use the free nest time for hatching several of the animals I have in storage. I'll take a look at what I want to hatch first.
    On another happy note, I had built up such a big food reserve that I finally fed my last Egypt animal to the level where it is now evolving to epic level (the Sobek). This is the first set of animals of which I've brought everything to epic level; I still think that one was the coolest world event so far.
    Now I'm back to making sure I'll have enough food to directly raise the Griffin to epic level too; plenty of time for that in light of the long breeding, hatching and evolution timers. In fact, I should still have well enough left after the storybook which is good because I also want to bring my winter Equifox to epic level now. It's already at level 10. I see no problems.
    It's kinda refreshing to take matters lights and not feel stressed over going for all of the Yalbas.
    If we get some more free breeding time, I'll probably aim for the Obsidian Cyclops next...
    Congrats!! That's wondeful news!

I'm still only getting ponies so far...

@skeexix I'm sorry to hear that! That's a lot of attempts without a gem hybrid! You're definitely overdue to get one - good luck!

Executive Chef

It's kinda refreshing to take matters lights and not feel stressed over going for all of the Yalbas.
    Congratulations, and good luck with the Cyclops.

Executive Chef
    @Sandybellee and ninasidstorm8: Thanks!
    It's so exciting to see this kind of long timer pop up, and even more so as it was released only 5 days ago! :P
    The short fails are very refreshing too, that's why my next attempts will most likely be for the Cyclops (as I now have got all of the gem-fire and gem-nature hybrids). After that, it shall almost certainly become gem-water and then the gem-dark and gem-electric ones...
    Maybe, just maybe I may start off first with gem-water though, as that one already has 2 hybrids too, so it's not likely that a new one will be released for quite a moon to come, and that combination can give two hybrids. With the ones that can give only one now there's the "danger" of having to breed that combination again when a new one is released. No problem of course, but still it may be a good idea to first aim for gem-water. Well, I have some 48 hours left to think about that....:P

Executive Chef

It's kinda refreshing to take matters lightly and not feel stressed over going for all of the Yalbas.
    Oh, I am happy for you Olavo. Congratulations on Garnet Griffin. I always get only Pyro Pony and it sucks just wait this 1 hour. TL please again 10 seconds for breeding Pyro Pony

So many 1 hour breeding times. *Finally* at least got a Ruby Razorback, which I had been trying for for a few months now every so often.

Executive Chef
    @Drachenia: Thanks! I don't think TL will change the breeding time back to 10 seconds, as they precisely did it the other way round to prevent people from all too easily breeding these hybrids. A 10 seconds breeding time gives a theoretical maximum of 6 * 10 * 60 = 360 attempts per hour (in case there would be absolutely no delay in between each attempt). Still, when taking small delays into account it should then be possible to do around 300 breedings per hour. With a roughly guesstimated 1% chance at breeding an ultra rare, that would average out to a theoretical expected amount of 3 Rubies per hour (not counting the breeding and hatching time). With such odds, I can indeed understand TL deciding that those odds are a bit all too easy for obtaining a gem ultra rare.
    I would have liked the speeding cost of that 1 hour breeding time to just be 1 gem though. That way for a reasonable cost we could do (gem-paid!) speeding for them... We can do that now too, but for the 5 gems it costs to do that I prefer to just wait the 1 hour.

@insomniadreams88: Congrats! I love the Ruby Razorbacks! They're really cool and bold/bodacious animals. I like the solemnly stern and fierce look they have on their faces. It makes them look like animals that are best left not messed around with.

Fashion Designer

Congrats ogreve!! I agree that 70 attempts is actually fairly soon for a gem-hybrid. I'm still plugging away at it every hour but haven't been counting my attempts. I'm dreading a RR fail as I already have one and don't keep duplicates so I have my fingers crossed every time to see that 48h timer lol
    Also congrats on getting the Egypt animals to epic! I recently got the Music trio and Servive trio all to epic level and it felt pretty good. Later today I'll put the Deadwing in the flower and the Skull trio will be entirely epic too! I can't wait for the Zodiac type so I'll need to save some apples to bring whichever one is first to epic as well

Executive Chef
    Hi everybody, I got my 48 hours for my Garnet Griffin. Oh finally, it took me already annoyed with this one hour breeding Pyro Pony and 10 seconds in the nest. Good luck in breeding

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	219.6 KB 
ID:	28031

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast