Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: New Legendary: Garnet Griffin 1/19/16

Fashion Designer
    So my 1st attempt was a pyro pony. Attempt 2 - 45 hr ruby razorback . So excited for this fail my 1st bred gem animal (after trying forever fir the unicorn I broke down & bought one when they were on sale). So ruby breeding & weasel from storybook in nest. I can totally make this work with the storybook
    Baking lots of HappyHearts here at my Bakery

Executive Chef
    Congratulations!!! Hopefully you will be able to breed a Rainguin for Chapter 9 Act 2 on the first try.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHeartBakery View Post
    So my 1st attempt was a pyro pony. Attempt 2 - 45 hr ruby razorback . So excited for this fail my 1st bred gem animal (after trying forever fir the unicorn I broke down & bought one when they were on sale). So ruby breeding & weasel from storybook in nest. I can totally make this work with the storybook
    That's the spirit! I like you already!
    matiasabad94

level 75

Executive Chef
    Congrats to everyone with gem hybrid breedings!

I just put in my first try for today after speeding the last 5 hours of Fluffy hatching off the nest.

I must say I'm really liking this - getting so many attempts in one day and being able to hatch something from storage overnight.

Executive Chef
    Nothing yet for me.... I've been putting in back-to-back attempts since its release using the Unicorn + Pyro Pony and also with Ruby + Ruby and Ruby + Unicorn. I'm now some 30 attempts in, I think. I may try Ruby + Pyro too. :P
    Either way, I don't think it really matters much which of these combinations is chosen. It IS an ultra rare, of course, so for all I know I may still not have it after trying 100+ times. But... I'll certainly keep ***ning for it!

As for the 5 gem speeding cost: it is my understanding that when the gem hybrids were just introduced there were several players who were luck enough to have a Crystal Unicorn and that they then could breed that with the Pony or Pandaffodil, resulting in 10 seconds fails, making it VERY easy to breed these out, with some persistence.
    AFAIK the breeding time for gem + fire, nature and earth was then set to 1 hour. I'm not sure if it then had a speeding cost of 1 gem or 5. The 5 gems is obviously done so people don't buy a 250 gem pack and speed-breed out these three hybrids in the blink of an eye.
    Bummer for us who couldn't jump onto "the gem-train" until much later, of course...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by LonePudding View Post
    So is this one not limited..? I'm not sure if I want to try for it right now but of course if it's limited I'll go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandybellee View Post
    I'm certain it's not limited. They've introduced a second gem hybrid for water and nature before this one and each was on a limited time sale (Pearl Peryton, QQ).

Edit: it's not even marked as limited in the shop.
    Thanks for putting your opinion out there. I haven't had any luck breeding a crystal unicorn & was actually considering buying this gem animal, but don't know if I want to fork out the $ for the gems to get it, if it's not limited. At least there's a gem sale today so I'll think about it.

Fashion Designer
    My Crystal unicorns and pyro pony have been working non stop on both my account, still no sight of the gem hybrid...but I ain't giving up yet...come on Griffin, I wouldn't mind a ruby razorback fail also..

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by matiasabad94 View Post
    That's the spirit! I like you already!
    LOL. Thanks guys!! I'm confident it won't take too long to hatch a Rainguin. I've been pretty lucky breeding for the storybook so far. Either way, very excited to have a new gem animal for my Arsenal.
    Baking lots of HappyHearts here at my Bakery

Fashion Designer
    30+ fails and 20 gems used.
    It's a good thing that it costs 5 gems to speed, I would be speeding it after each fail otherwise.
    Would give this another day before having to try to hatch the next animal for the story book.

Executive Chef
    No luck for me either today. Taking avantage of the empty nest again and hatching Jackalope Frost overnight.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast