Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: New Tournament! 01/05/2016 - Icegator

Fashion Designer
    Woo hoo. My eerie owl finished up the last 2 rounds for me.
    I didn't think I'd make this one either. Just a few gems used to speed up battles as I was worried about time
    Good luck everyone
    Baking lots of HappyHearts here at my Bakery

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyHeartBakery View Post
    Woo hoo. My eerie owl finished up the last 2 rounds for me.
    I didn't think I'd make this one either. Just a few gems used to speed up battles as I was worried about time
    Good luck everyone
    Glad you made it HappyHeartBaker. It's a good feeling. Rest up til next journey.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by NannaSherry View Post
    Glad you made it HappyHeartBaker. It's a good feeling. Rest up til next journey.
    Aww. Thanks. I spent more gems then I intended, but not too crazy. I really hate not finishing these tournaments even if the animal sits in storage for awhile waiting for a spot. Now to keep food supply stocked as we prepare to finish the world event (I have my nutcracker as of this am) & prep for the next storybook I believe.

Hopefully anyone else closing in on this tournament can finish up before the timer expires

Rhino Keeper
    First iI'm not going to complete the world event, breeding is proving nothing but junk and now I can't finish a 6 day tournament??? I think I need to take a break and finally find a new game for awhile!!
    Currently Playing: Farm Story, Dragon Story, Castle Story, Fantasy Forest Story
    Two accounts feel free to add: Evys_Mom & GCampsen07

New Resident
    Somehow managed to finish the tournament even though it felt like all I did was lose this time. Used more gems then I would have liked, but once I get near the end I hate not finishing.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LonePudding View Post
    Time to give up. Spent 18 gems double battling (a lot for me!), still on round 27, 1:30am here and only 6 hours left. Sad to lose yet another tournament
    I'm sorry to read about you losing another tournament.
    Over the past weekend I did come to "realise" (or rather: "see confirmed") something: for my main account's well-chosen epic fighters this tournament was a cakewalk, but just for the heck of it and for gathering Sweaters I also decided to participate somewhat in it on my secondary account, with lower classed fighters. When picking all the right animals in terms of elemental combinations and where possible rarity, the first 10 rounds or so went with little trouble, but..... the level 11 Shockatoo gave me VERY heavy losses to all of the level 10 animals I tried, which include the doubly strong Eerie Owl and even the level 10 Gold Lion (!). After some 7-8 losses with these animals I decided to not even bother trying further.

As a general observation (i.e. not specifically aimed at your situation), for tournaments I cannot stress enough just HOW important it is to use animals of as high a level as possible. For having serious chances at securing a rather painless win, level 10 just isn't going to cut it. I'd expect level 13 to be the minimum level to have a decent chance, but I do actually think that using epic animals makes a BIG difference.
    I'm not sure which (level) animals you used this time around, but in case they weren't epics, I'd consider leveling your core fighters up to epic level. You only need some 5 or so (well chosen) animals at epic level to be able to combat almost any opponent...

Curious to hear/read if you can pinpoint a reason (like level) for the loss of this tournament, or if you did indeed use all the right animals and did have them at high enough levels and that it was just bad luck (which also happens from time to time)...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by natxjkkggg View Post
    Hello epinederose,
    I took it with pricepony 15 on mainaccuont and with pigmi 13 with Earth,earth(Strong,critical) on my second Account
    thank you nat !!
    my pricepony failed a few times against pluma, and the one who finally did it in one simple single strike was the spring poney..... unbelievable !!
    then I got stuck on the last opponent, and finally at 2 oclock (my time) in the night (S8 I DO HATE YOU SOOOOOO MUCH !!!), I won with Emerald Dragon.....
    gosh this was a hard tourney!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am not shure I will keep playing this game...... i am completely loosing interest on it, because it becomes more and more difficult, and they want you
    to buy gems, wich I dit 3 or 4 times........ but now I dont see the interest anymore to spend money and having such a hard time on tournaments....

It's been a long time that I say I quit, what in the heck makes me still continue !!! it is an addiction !!.....

congratulations to all who tried to win the tournament !! pffffffffffffffffffffff

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by LonePudding View Post
    Time to give up. Spent 18 gems double battling (a lot for me!), still on round 27, 1:30am here and only 6 hours left. Sad to lose yet another tournament
    Sorry to hear you didn't make it lone pudding.

Rhino Keeper
    I thought I had an easier time until I reached round 28. I could not beat him. My epic crystal unicorn failed miserably at least 8 times among other various fails including epic gold lion. I often feel that there are just some tournaments that you're not going to win unless you use the ultimate hit. In fact this is the first tournament that I've won in a while and I have many epics and ultra rares. I just can't explain it other than there are just some you're not going to win.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314