Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spending way too much money on gems

Farm Supplier

Unhappy spending way too much money on gems

Overall, I've spent way too much money on buying gems for my store. Recently, I went crazy with the gift boxes...half those items received were very disappointing. I realize that it's a chance you to take just like buying lottery tickets in hopes of getting what you want. I admit that I'm addicted to this game because it's draining my bank account...so basically, I need to curb my spending by at least waiting until the gems go on sale and only buy the 275 gem maximum once a month instead of purchasing different gem amounts every few days. That's way too costly....wow, I'm so ashamed of myself. Impulsive buying can really drain your pocketbook---starting now, I will need to exercise some serious restraint when it comes to this FS game. I'm too embarrased to say how much I've spent since payday (sept 30th)

Rhino Keeper
    I know exactly what you mean, I gave up smoking and now use that money for gems. Lol I'm healthy but equally poor!

Farm Supplier
    I don't know what's wrong with me...I teach my kids not to overspend & here I am going crazy with a virtual online game. Geesh Ummmm, is there a support group for those addicted to FS? I need re-hab right away... LOL

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by tmh690 View Post
    I know exactly what you mean, I gave up smoking and now use that money for gems. Lol I'm healthy but equally poor!
    Good. Who cares if you're equally poor? If it hasn't been for tabacco, my family would be about ?[GBP]100k richer-thats just a ridiculous amount. So, good on you for stopping. With the ability to buy the gems, you also receive the great health benefits. And you don't even want to get me started on that (primarily because you've heard it all before, and I cam go on and on...)

Quote Originally Posted by tracye68 View Post
    I don't know what's wrong with me...I teach my kids not to overspend & here I am going crazy with a virtual online game. Geesh Ummmm, is there a support group for those addicted to FS? I need re-hab right away... LOL
    There is...but it's a UK Service. Where are you?
    They will be addictive; I'd like to buy more gems. How about this to restrain yourself if you're trying to teach children to be restrained-every time you buy gems, give each child the same as what you just spent. That will restrain you...simply because you won't be able to afford it! Eg. if you spend $10, and have two children, you lose $30.

Farm Supplier
    Hi, Rachael...I'm in the U.S. Yes, I definitely need to try something..that's good advice. My spending habits on this game has gotten out of control--I do recognize that there's a problem & I need to resolve it. Honestly, that money could be put to better use like building up an emergency savings--anything can happen. Self-discipline is crucial....all these gem purchases for an online game is ridiculous. I need to put a cap on the frivolous spending

Farm Supplier
    Plus, the game freezes up half the time....overall, it's not worth throwing money away.

Rhino Keeper
    amen. i wouldnt mind it at all if there are no tempting updates for weeks lol.

Executive Chef
    Aww sorry to hear that. Starting now, you will not spend gems (only once a month I guess)!
    That will teach your kids how to keep their money.

P.s I am the total opposite of you.

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by tracye68 View Post
    Hi, Rachael...I'm in the U.S. Yes, I definitely need to try something..that's good advice. My spending habits on this game has gotten out of control--I do recognize that there's a problem & I need to resolve it. Honestly, that money could be put to better use like building up an emergency savings--anything can happen. Self-discipline is crucial....all these gem purchases for an online game is ridiculous. I need to put a cap on the frivolous spending
    You can also try not eating choc-no, that's a bad idea.

Rhino Keeper
    I wish I could buy gems
    But only credit card is accepted on android and I dont have one.
    If only I could pay with ****** or something....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast